Finance and Insurance Accounting Specialist
Henna Chevrolet is searching for an organized, detailed and customer service oriented Finance and Insurance Accounting Specialist. This position is responsible for organizing and controlling the flow of paperwork between the finance department and the accounting office. The Finance Assistant will inspect and collect all necessary paperwork pertaining to New and Used Vehicle sales. In addition, the position will process, report and cancel insurance products sold by the Finance department.
Job duties include:
- Accurately entering information into the computer mainframe system, UCS.
- Insuring contract balances are met each day.
- Confirming all money has been receipted and ensure safekeeping of those funds until bank deposit is prepared and turned in to A/R daily.
- Validating vehicle insurance coverage for all vehicle purchases.
- Verifying and auditing deals including payoffs on trade vehicles.
- Reviewing all paperwork in each vehicle deal to insure they are signed and accurate.
- Ensuring each deal is aligned with local, state and federal guidelines
- Packaging all deals for the biller and distributing these daily to the accounting office from both New and Used Finance.
- Identifying deals with payoffs and insuring these deals are marked urgent, as they require first attention for accounting.
- Entering all finalized deals into UCS and reviewing for accuracy.
- Printing F&I reports for deals not completed and processed daily.
- Notifying F&I contractors of finalized deals not received in Accounting
- Tracking and correction of In-Transit contracts and Held Offerings daily.
- Preparing contracts for Fed-Ex Overnight processing to Lenders.
- Insuring no contract is in transit over 36 hours from the time it has been submitted to the bank.
- Scanning all deal documents for New and Used Finance into DocuPad and sending information to Lenders for funding purposes as required by Lienholders
- Filing all recaps for references.
- Ordering office supplies such as Forms, Toner, etc. for Finance department in a timely manner.
- Reporting Insurance purchases such as GAP, Extended Warranty and Credit Life to insurance companies, posting in Accounting and submitting for payment
- Cancellation of Insurance purchases for customer or lienholder as requested, processing refunds and posting and tracking in Accounting
- Handling questions and resolving problems relating to insurance products in a timely and professional manner
- Assisting lender and insurance companies as needed.
- Maintain Dead deal files and purge according to company policy
- Procure any and all missing deals from Finance during Month End closeout
- Backup Switchboard Operator- Answering all incoming calls, within the first three rings in a friendly and professional manner and direct calls to appropriate associate or department.
- Duties may evolve regularly; must be able to adapt easily to changing work environment
- Full Time, benefit eligible
- Workdays- Monday thru Friday
- Shift- Daytime
- Pay- commensurate with experience between $18-$20 per hour
- Remote Work- No
- Availability- Immediate
- Strong math and clerical skills with attention to detail.
- Computer proficient is MS products and Dealer Mainframe software.
- Proficient in use of office machines such as fax, copier, scanner, etc.
- Previous auto dealership experience required; 3 years preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional manner and appearance
- Organized and Reliable.
- Team oriented and focused.
- DocuPad Experience preferred.
- Self Motivated and able to work independently.
- Independent Problem Solver.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Must have Drivers License with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Education- High School or equivalent required
- This position is mostly sedentary in a group setting.
- Ability to move about dealership from department to department is required.
This isn't a just a job; this is a career position. Many of our employees have been here for several years and this position is open after a 20+ year tenure of the prior employee. We are an equal opportunity employer that is a professional and drug free environment. The candidate must have the ability to be responsible, pass a background and drug test.